Center for Innovation & Technology
Welcome to the future now.
Imagine a Los Angeles that is the emerging tech and new start-up capital of the nation. A region that is welcoming of business and thousands of startups. A place where innovation thrives, small businesses are infused with capital and job creation soars.
The bold path to achieving this ….
Today in Los Angeles, it is challenging to start a small business and even more challenging to achieve long-term profitability. The success of high-growth emerging technologies companies will play a key role in maintaining the health of the regional economy long into the future.
As a part of a larger effort to build the emerging technology ecosystems that will drive new job growth in the region, the L.A. Area Chamber will launch a specialty Small Business Development Center (SBDC) focusing on emerging technologies. Created in partnership with the Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), this Emerging Technologies SBDC will harness the power of area research universities in transferring new technologies to private sector companies.
The opportunity ….
Resources raised through this campaign will allow the Chamber to provide one-on-one business advising and counseling, convening and networking and low-cost educational workshops and seminars to emerging tech and entrepreneurial start-up companies. Topics for advising and education services would be tailored to emerging technology businesses and would include:
- Venture Financing/Business Law
- Sales Channel Development
- Accounting for start ups
- IP for start-ups
- Grant writing and application
- Working with city/local government agencies
- Recruiting top management
- Presentation/communications skills
- Branding for tech start-ups
- Marketing/PR for technology businesses
- International trade: Exporting
- Product Management
- Real Estate planning
- Government incentives
At the Chamber, the resources of the Bixel Exchange, Tech Salons and HI-TECH LA allow our members to be ahead of the digital crowd.
Recognizing the need to build a more robust technology sector in the L.A. area, the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce partnered with the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) technical advisors the, L.A. Regional Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network, to form a new technology center — Bixel Exchange.
Hosted by the Chamber, Bixel Exchange will leverage the power of the Chamber and the proven track record of the SBA’s SBDC Network spanning L.A., Ventura and Santa Barbara counties. Bixel Exchange aims to serve an everevolving and dynamic market with core services to include:
- Mentors and advisors - getting tech start-ups the advice they need
- Information and education - connecting entrepreneurs to information to access capital, talent and markets
- Connection - bringing together people and resources that includes private sector funding, recruiting and client acquisition
Bixel Exchange will focus on the rapidly evolving segments of the high-tech communities, including adtech, mobile, digital and social media, gaming and clean tech. Bixel Exchange will serve entreprenuers by working with:
- Accelerators, incubators and co-working spaces
- Venture capitalists, angel investors and private equity firms
- Universities, research institutions and innovation labs
The Los Angeles High Impact Information Technology, Entertainment & Entrepreneurship, and Communications Hubs (LA HI-TECH) Regional Consortium embeds elements and mechanisms of a vibrant ecosystem to sustain the economic vitality of a skilled and competitive workforce that contributes to the economic growth of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Industry in Los Angeles.