The Nonprofit Council provides nonprofit member organizations with a venue to network, exchange ideas, collaborate and discuss public policy issues impacting the nonprofit community.
Today, the nonprofit sector amounts to more than 11.4 million jobs in the United States—that’s 10 percent of private sector employment, with employment growing steadily even during the recession.
Council members benefit from:
- Collaboration between nonprofit organizations and the L.A. business community
- Increased voice in the Chamber advocacy agenda
- Access to educational and developmental opportunities on topics related to nonprofit organizations
- A platform to publicize volunteer opportunities and access to volunteers
- Increased awareness within the L.A. business community
For more information, contact Catalina Aldridge at 213.580.7590.
7:45 - 9 a.m.
||Join the Nonprofit Council for a discussion on...
A Model for Change: Resources You Need to Make a Positive Impact
Wednesday, Sept. 6
7:45 - 9:30 a.m.
The United Way of Greater Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Mission are among several homeless services organizations working to create a model that provides comprehensive resources for the homeless, and inspires others to do the same. Learn how these organizations' approach to funding and direct services is making a positive impact on individuals and their families, and ultimately improving the overall health and life of the greater community.
At this Nonprofit Council, you'll hear on:
- The status of funding for the homeless.
- Funding ideas and grant resources.
- Service provider referrals and networks.
- Both individual and organizational success stories.
Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
350 S. Bixel St.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
For more information, contact Catalina Aldridge, 213.580.7590.
Exclusive to our nonprofit members, the Nonprofit Council provides nonprofit organizations with a venue to network, exchange ideas, collaborate and discuss public policy issues impacting their community.
Program Officer, Home For Good
United Way of Greater Los Angeles
Grant Writer and Researcher
Los Angeles Mission
Director of Operations
California Consulting, LLC