Center for Global Trade and Foreign Investment Partners & Advisory Boards
California State Trade Export Assistance Promotion (STEP) program
The Chamber has been one of the recipients of the STEP Grant. The STEP program combines a network of state, federal, private and non-profit trade promotion organizations in California to facilitate export promotion activities, serving targeted industries, to drive exports for small businesses. STEP is funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
>> LEARN MORE
The Los Angeles Regional Export Council (LARExC) was established following the recommendations of the Brookings Institution. Since 2010, Brookings has provided LARExC guidance and counsel to continue developing export and foreign investment initiatives to create regional employment.
LARExC is honored to be selected as the Secretariat for Southern California of the California-China Provinces Trade & Investment Working Group. The China provinces include Jiangsu, Inner Mongolia, Shanghai, Shandong, Guangdong and Chongqing. The Joint Working Group convenes regularly to work and share experiences; exchange trade and investment information; promote key projects; hold an annual seminar on trade and investment cooperation; to expand business opportunities via trade missions and trade fairs; and promote strategic relations between cities in both China and California.
In 2013, California Governor Jerry Brown signed a memorandum of understanding in Beijing for China and California to form a Joint Working Group on trade and investment cooperation. The Joint Working Group is co- chaired by the Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) of the Government of the People’s Republic of China and the California Governor’s Office of Business & Economic Development (GO-Biz).
>> LEARN MORE
World Bank Private Sector Liaison Officer
Serving as the private sector liaison officer for the World Bank, the Chamber helps California companies compete for new businesses stemming from those contracts by coordinating activities with business intermediaries.
>> LEARN MORE
MEMORANDUMS OF UNDERSTANDING
- American Chamber of Commerce - Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Peru and South Korea
- Nagoya Chamber of Commerce
- The Korea International Trade Association (KITA)
- Consejo Empresarial Mexicano de Comercio Exterior (COMCE)
- High Council of Chambers of Commerce of Spain (24 Chambers)
- Chungcheongnam Province – South Korea
- Incheon Metropolitan City - South Korea
- Istanbul Chamber of Commerce
- Federation of Thai Industries (FTI)
- Korean Importers Association (KOIMA)
- Barcelona Chamber of Commerce
- Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce
- Addis Ababa Chamber of Commerce & Sectoral Associations
- Mexico City Chamber of Commerce
- Brookings Institution
- California Manufacturers & Technology Association
- World Bank Private Sector Liaison Officer
- Ex-Im Bank of the United States
- Port of Los Angeles
- Port of Long Beach
- Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA)
- Loyola Marymount University
- California Chamber of Commerce
- Los Angeles District Export Council (DEC)
- Inland Empire District Export Council (CIEDEC)
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) – Los Angeles District Office
- U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration – Southern California District Office
- U.S. Trade & Development Agency
- The Korean Importers Association
- U.S. Trade Representative’s (USTR) Intergovernmental Policy Advisory Committee (IGPAC) (2011-2015)
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce – International Trade Policy Committee
- State of California – International Advisory Board
- California Chamber Council for International Trade
- UCLA, Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) – Advisory Board (2012-2015)
- USC, Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) – Advisory Board (2012-2015)
To read more about the Center's programs and partnerships, >> CLICK HERE.