L.A. Area Small Business Insurance Hub
CHANGING THE WAY BUSINESSES THINK ABOUT HEALTH CARE
Small businesses are America’s number one job creators, and 50 percent of Americans depend on employer-sponsored health coverage. Yet, the percentage of employers offering coverage in California continues to decline, especially in the small business market. At the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce, we are working to increase access to quality care, and believe that L.A.’s businesses hold the key to the health of many in our uninsured and underserved populations. We aim to elevate the dialogue around employee health care and community wellness, by making employee wellness synonymous with business success.
The L.A. Area Chamber is now working as a “hub” for employee health insurance education and the enrollment. Our activities are aimed at educating employers and employees in the Los Angeles region who need help navigating the health insurance market place.
Using the resources on this page, you can:
- Schedule a free appointment with a health insurance agent to discuss the coverage you offer your employees, or to discuss your individual/family plan outside the work place.
- Join one of our educational workshops around Los Angeles.
- Explore some of the plan options available to both employers and employees on the public and private health insurance exchanges.
- Find the community partners and resources you need to answer your health insurance questions and meet the new requirements under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Make a Free Appointment with an Agent
Connect with one of our volunteer agents! Make an appointment today by calling (213) 580.7571 or e-mailing Maribel Flores with the following information:
Business Owners/HR Representatives/Managers - Company name, your name and contact information, the City where your business resides, and the number of people you employ.
Employees - Your name and contact information, your current health insurance coverage (if any), and the number of people you want to explore coverage for in your home.
Meet the Agents
Resources for Businesses
COVERED CALIFORNIA FOR SMALL BUSINESS
Healthy employees are more productive, and productivity drives the success of a business. Because it can be a challenge to find the best insurance, but Covered California makes it easy to understand your options. If your business has 100 or less employees and you are looking for a quality health care package, getting insurance through Covered California just might be the best option for you.
See the Fact Sheet below to determine if Covered California is the right place to be for your business.
To learn more about types of packages offered, dental and health plans, eligibility, and/or getting a quote for your business, go on http://www.coveredca.com/forsmallbusiness/
How Can Covered California Help Your Business?
Health Law Guide For Business
You are responsible for providing insurance to your employees, and this will depend on the number of full-time equivalent employees your business has. In order to familiarize yourself with the new requirements under American Care Act and the steps you will need to take to get covered, visit Health Law Guide for Business web page.
Some of the most popular resources from The Health Law Guide for Business, include:
- Employer Responsibility(attached PDF of our Employer Responsibility flowchart in English & Spanish) A guide to ACA rules and requirements that will help employers determine whether they are required to offer health insurance to employees
- Health Law Guide for Business Toolkit Links to small business health insurance resources that can be printed and shared with business owners, business groups, and employees
- Wellness Incentives Learn about tax incentives and grants provided under the health care law that can help businesses reduce health care costs by investing in comprehensive programs that address the social, mental and physical health of their employees.
- Tax Penalty page (attached in Spanish and English).
- Spanish web pageGood general information about health care coverage options for small business owners and their employees.
EXAMPLES OF PLANS
offers affordable options and high quality medical care for your employees. Each of Kaiser’s plans for small businesses meets the insurance requirements demanded by the Affordable Care Act. There are four different options and you can choose the one that best fits your business: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. To see the plan highlights, go on https://smallbusiness.kaiserpermanente.org/explore-our-plans .
To learn more Kaiser Permanent’s options and quality care for your business, visit https://smallbusiness.kaiserpermanente.org/home.
For Quick Assistance, call Kaiser Permanente at the toll free number 1-877-271-2512 Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Health Net offers insurance packages for small and large businesses. There are packages available through Health Net directly as well as Covered California. No matter what the level of coverage you are seeking, Health Net has a plan for your business. *Extra dental, vision, and chiropractic perks are also available.
In order to compare rates, plans, and packages, click https://www.healthnet.com/portal/shopping/content/iwc/shopping/groups/small/plans_ca.action
For any inquiry, contact a broker or a Health Net Sales Representative on 1-888-926-5133 or click on https://www.healthnet.com/portal/employer/home.ndo
Resources for Employees
Health4All - The California Endowment
The California Endowment wants to expand Californians’ access to healthful lifestyle choices and adequate health insurance so all families can know peace of mind, regardless of where they live or where they were born. That’s why in 2013, The Endowment launched #Health4All to find a statewide solution so that all Californians have access to affordable, quality health coverage. Learn more at http://www.calendow.org/prevention/health4all/.
Journey Works: Low-Cost Health Promotion and Education Materials
For more information, please visit http://www.journeyworks.com/